The rural community of Dulzura is located roughly 25 miles East/Southeast of the city of San Diego and approximately 10 miles north of the US/Mexico border. The town name is derived from the Spanish word for “gentleness” or “sweetness” and was know for the “Clark’s Pickelized Figs” delicacies from as far back as 1908. Today residents enjoy a lifestyle that lets them choose between a convenient drive to the coast or to enjoy all the outdoor fun that living next to the Cleveland National Forrest allows.